- Local Perth-based role with travel to site as required
- Play an integral role in promoting the safety culture at a rapidly growing mining company
- Ongoing career development and progression
Schlam started in 1996 as a problem-solving engineering business. 25 years later, we’ve grown to become one of Australia’s largest privately owned mining products and services companies with people employed nationally. We have experienced 500 per cent growth over the last four years and have ambitious plans to continue to expand our reach across Australia and beyond.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager - People Solutions, you will play an integral role in supporting and promoting Schlam’s safety culture by providing coaching and advice to employees and management as well as promoting visible safety leadership throughout the organisation.
This role is based in Welshpool, WA and will require ad-hoc travel to site as required.
Your responsibilities will include but is not limited to:
- Provide HSE support and advice to all employees and management
- Conduct incident investigations and follow-up on findings and corrective actions
- Conduct site risk assessments and internal audits
- Review and maintenance of Schlam’s HSE System
- Oversee the injury management and return-to-work process
- Implement HSE initiatives
- Ensure compliance with relevant HSE laws, regulations, company policies and guidelines
You are an experienced HSE Advisor who is passionate about supporting and developing a safety culture with employees across the organisation while enjoying the space and freedom to create and lead your own initiatives.
The ideal applicant will have the following:
- Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent
- Lead Auditor or equivalent
- ICAM Lead Investigator or equivalent
- Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
- Experience/knowledge in heavy mining equipment/manufacturing and experience in a similar HSE role
Why join Schlam?
- Ongoing career development and career progression
- Access to Novated Leasing and Salary Sacrifice options
- Monthly Team Social Events / Family Inclusive Events
- Benefits Program with discounts at over 400 retailers around Australia!
- Mental Health Support - Free counselling services for you and your family with our Employee Assistance Program
What’s the next step?
We’re screening applicants RIGHT NOW, so if you think you have what it takes to be a part of Schlam, click APPLY now to send us your resume.
If you have any questions about this role, feel free to contact Jasmine Gerdtz – Recruitment Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org
* These roles are only open to Australian residents with unrestricted working rights. We are unable to offer or arrange sponsorship.
* Labour agency referrals will not be accepted at this time
Schlam is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment and welcome and encourage applicants from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples, the LGBTQIA+ community and candidates of diverse backgrounds to apply.