Permanent Position in growing company
Join a friendly team of professionals
Opportunity for career progression
Due to ongoing growth in our organisation, we are seeking a Design Draftsperson to join our Engineering team. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this permanent full-time position will be responsible for managing and creating design documentation for project specific requirements for our operations at Schlam. Design work will also include product/process refinement, new product development, system/procedure improvements, and productivity improvement initiatives.
The key taks of this role include:
- Providing detailed drawings and designs, working with the Technical Manager and Project Coordinators to take products from concept to final design
- Facilitating the processes to develop solutions, including constructability (safety) and construction cost reviews
- Project managing the outputs to meet agreed timelines set
- Providing a high standard of customer satisfaction through the development and presentation of detailed project drawings and designs as required to meet the client’s design brief/requirement
- Ensuring adherence to the organisation’s systems and IT software (HR, QMS, IMS, SMS, Finance (includes Stores), INX, EXO).
- Collaborating with system owners, document any improvements identified prior to implementation
- Developmenting and implementation of project documentation to meet quality assurance standards
- Creating new or modify existing Solidworks models from specifications provided. From the model, create 2D assembly and manufacture drawings including DXFs
What do you need to apply for this role?
- Tertiary Qualifications in Drafting and/or Design or similar field
- Qualifications and/or experience in CAD 3D Drafting
- High level of written and verbal communication skills with experience in writing procedural documentation
- 5 years’ experience in drafting and design in Mechanical engineering field
- Experience in design/drafting of mobile plant and mining machinery
- Strong knowledge of fabrication standards, welding specifications, assembly instructions and general arrangement details
- Knowledge of mining machinery, in particular buckets and dump body trays (highly desirable)
- Understanding research and development (desirable)
Choosing the right employer is one of the most important decisions you can make, so why would you want to work with Schlam?
- Permanent Full-time position where stability and longevity are offered
- Flexible working arrangements negotiable
- Positive and productive team environment
- Monthly events with the team and other social events within Schlam Group
- Access to our Employee Benefits Program, with discounts at over 400 retailers
- Volunteering day leave