Let’s start with the important stuff you need to know…
- Flat rates $47.40 (days) & $54.50 (nights)
- Superannuation paid on all hours worked
- Days, nights, or weekly rotating shifts available - you pick
- Monday to Friday Roster - Minimum 55hr per week
- Saturday & Sunday shifts if you’re chasing extra $$
- Casual-to-Perm contracts
Got your attention? Now here’s what you’ll be working on when you join our crew:
Our Forrestfield workshop fabricates Schlam's range of dump truck trays and loader/excavator buckets for mine sites all around Australia.
Check out this link to see what rolls out of our yard - https://schlam.com/payload-solutions/hercules-open-cut-dump-bodies/
Sounds pretty good, right? There’s more to look forward to:
- Long-term job security and stability – supply contracts that’ll keep us busy for years!
- PayTopper - Refer your tradie mates and get paid for every hour they work!
- Employee Benefits Program with discounts at over 400 retailers
- Employee Assistance Program including free counselling services for you and your family
At Schlam our priority is to employ people who will represent us with the right attitude, reliability, and commitment to safety.
To be considered for this role, this is what we like to see:
- Unrestricted Australian working rights
- Experience welding of quenched & tempered steel material is essential
- Experience fabricating or repairing trays and buckets is highly desirable
- Able to pass a pre-employment medical
Applicants must pass a 3G Vertical and 4G Overhead weld test consisting of;
Single bevel joint with backing plate using FCAW welding process - 1.6mm E81Ni1 H4 wire (CO2)
Complying to AS/NZS 9606.1 and AS/NZS 1554.4: 2014 standard
What’s the next step?
If you’re an Australian Citizen, confident in your abilities and interested in joining a high performing team, then get your application in today!
- Click the APPLY button on this page.
At this time we are only accepting applications from Australian Citizens as we are not sponsoring Visas
Schlam started in 1996 as a problem-solving engineering business. 25 years later, we’ve grown to become one of Australia’s largest privately owned mining products and services companies with people employed nationally. We have experienced 500 per cent growth over the last four years and have ambitious plans to continue to expand our reach across Australia and beyond.
If you’d like to know more about Schlam, visit our website for an overview of our growing organisation - https://schlam.com/