- Modern headquarters in Welshpool
- Great workplace culture where people are happy coming to work
- Permanent Position in growing company
About the role
Schlam has created a new position of Group Financial Controller to join our rapidly expanding Corporate Finance team. This full time, permanent leadership position reports to the CFO. The role will have functional reports including Business Unit Finance Leads along with their teams, as part of the finance team. The role has a financial focus, but an understanding of the commercial aspects of the business is expected to be quickly developed as this is a senior role that will play a key part in the Group’s strategic goals.
In this role, your responsibilities include:
- To provide accurate and timely financial and management reporting
- Preparation of Board reports.
- Ensuring compliance with relevant legislative, taxation and accounting standards and frameworks for the Group and individual business operations, in Australia and overseas.
- Continuously improve the reporting framework that enhances efficiency and adds value to the business lines.
- Responsible for the ongoing development of all financial procedures, processes and policies.
- Ensuring compliance across the organisation to these processes.
- Take a lead role in financial and commercial systems and digital improvements projects.
- Managing cash flow at Group level, overall annual budgeting and forecast updates, insurances, audits.
- To provide guidance and sponsor the development of talent across finance teams, ensuring high standard of performance.
At Schlam our priority is to employ people who will represent us with the right attitude, reliability, and the drive to help us achieve as a team.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, with either CA or CPA Qualifications
- Minimum of 10 years of finance & accounting experience, to include:
- 4+ years of Big 4 or 2nd Tier Accounting firm audit or business services experience, and
- 3+ years in a managerial role
- Previous commercial experience in a manufacturing, mining services, engineering or related resources industry.
- Experienced in leading or playing a key role in business systems and process improvements projects
- Experienced in collaborating closely with executive leaders and teams to enhance financial controls, forecasts and influence financial outcomes
- Efficient organisational and planning skills
- Strong communicator, advanced written and oral presentation skills.
- Comfortable with change and innovations that occur with a rapidly growing organisation
Schlam has grown to become one of Australia’s largest privately-owned mining products and services companies. We have experienced 500 per cent growth over the last four years and have ambitious plans to continue to expand our reach across Australia and beyond. With this growth will come big opportunities for you to develop your career within the industry.
We are not accepting Agency referrals at this point in time.